Acetone Market What are the major areas of development in this ?
The global acetone market is expected to gain momentum from the high demand for petrochemicals and chemicals from several end-use industries. The study further mentions that the acetone market size was USD 3,962.0 million in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 4,995.3 million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period.
How Did We Create This Report?
We employ iterative and comprehensive research techniques focusing on minimizing deviance. We use a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches for estimating and segmenting quantitative aspects of the parent’s market. At the same time, data triangulation is used to look at the market from three perspectives. Simulation models were used to gather data about the market forecasts and estimates.
Get Sample PDF Brochure:
Drivers & Restraints-
Increasing Manufacturing of Sanitizers and Disinfectants to Drive Growth
The increasing production of disinfectants and sanitizers worldwide is set to surge the demand for dimethyl ketone as isopropanol is derived from it. Besides, the high popularity of cosmetics and personal care products would aid the acetone market growth throughout the forthcoming years. However, acetone possesses higher initiation energy points and can’t auto-ignite. This may hamper its demand.
Paints & Coatings Segment to Grow Steadily Fueled by Higher Usage of Solvents
Based on end-use, the plastic segment earned 33.3% in terms of the global acetone market share in 2019. The paints & coatings segment generated the largest share in 2019 because of the rising usage of solvents in this sector as it can dissolve non-polar and polar substances.
Easy Availability of Raw Materials to Favor Growth in Asia Pacific
In 2019, Asia Pacific held USD 1,739.2 million in terms of revenue. This growth is attributable to the lower labor cost and easy availability of raw materials in emerging countries, such as India and China. Dimethyl ketone is extensively used in numerous manufacturing processes as an industrial solvent in the region.
North America, on the other hand, is anticipated to grow considerably backed by the increasing research and development activities in the electronics sector. It would further surge the demand for Bisphenol A. The presence of large chemical industries in the U.K., Italy, and Germany would propel growth in Europe.
Key Players Focus on Signing New Agreements to Enhance Their Portfolios
The market for acetone contains many manufacturers that are mainly focusing on expanding their production capacities by adopting state-of-the-art technologies from other organizations. Some of the others are aiming to sign new agreements to acquire businesses of prominent firms. Below are the two latest industry developments:
- February 2020: PKN ORLEN is planning to adopt the Phenol 3G and UOP Q-Max™ technologies to manufacture 200,000 metric tons of phenol per year. It will be done in its facility situated in Poland. UOP is likely to offer a license for the technologies, along with adsorbents, catalysts, key equipment, and basic engineering design services.
- August 2019: Dow signed an agreement with ALTIVIA Ketones & Additives, LLC to sell off its Acetone Derivatives business. The company will now be able to align more with ALTIVIA’s portfolio and will aim to gain higher returns.
A list of all the renowned acetone manufacturers operating in the global market:
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V. (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- INEOS (London, UK)
- Altivia (Texas, U.S)
- Royal Dutch Shell Co. (The Hague, Netherlands)
- Honeywell International Inc (North Carolina, U.S)
- Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, Japan)
- SABIC (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)
- KUMHO P&B CHEMICALS., INC. (Seoul, Korea)
- Cepsa (Madrid, Spain)
- Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corp. (Changhua, Taiwan)
- Borealis AG (Vienna, Austria)
- PTT Phenol Company Limited. (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Prasol Chemicals Pvt. Ltd. (Navi Mumbai, India)
- Chang Chun Group (Taipei, Taiwan)
- Other Players
Bioplastics Market Opportunities
Injection Molded Plastics Market Size
Cosmetic Packaging Market Share
Aseptic Packaging Market Growth
Aseptic Packaging Market Opportunities
Styrenic Block Copolymer Market Trends
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights Pvt. Ltd.9th Floor, Icon Tower, Baner –
Mahalunge Road, Baner, Pune-411045,
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]