Water and Wastewater Treatment Market 2022, Growth Statistics, Industry Share, Business Opportunities, Upcoming Trends 2030
As the chemical industry moves into 2022, strong demand for both commodity and specialty chemicals should keep prices robust throughout the year. However, the industry could face margin pressures amid raw material cost inflation, which will likely remain high through the first half of 2022.
The global Water and wastewater treatment market size is expected to gain momentum by USD 301.77 billion in 2022 to USD 489.07 billion by 2029 while exhibiting a CAGR of 7.1% between 2022 and 2029. This information is published by Fortune Business Insights in its report, titled “Water and Wastewater Treatment Market, 2022-2029.” The report further observes that the market stood at USD 263.07 billion in 2020. The increasing focus on adopting novel treatment techniques while complying to the stringent regulations is expected to boost the demand for the product globally.
Get Sample PDF Brochure:
Based on segment, the market is trifurcated into chemicals, equipment, and services.
- On the basis of segment, the chemicals segment is expected to hold a significant global Water and wastewater treatment market share during the forecast period. This is due to the high demand for chemicals to remove harmful substances such as hydrogen peroxide and other contaminants from wastewater.
Based on application, the market is bifurcated into municipal and industrial. Moreover, on the basis of region, the market is categorized into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and South America.
What does the Report Include?
The global market for Water and wastewater treatment report includes qualitative and quantitative analysis of several factors such as the key drivers and restraints that will impact growth. Additionally, the report provides insights into the regional analysis that covers different regions, contributing to the growth of the market. It includes the competitive landscape that involves the leading companies and the adoption of strategies to announce partnerships, introduce new products, and collaborate that will further contribute to the growth of the market between 2021 and 2028. Moreover, the research analyst has adopted several research methodologies such as SWOT and PESTEL analysis to extract information about the current trends and industry developments that will drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Presence of Stringent Regulations for Effluent Treatment to Spur Demand
Back in 2016, the EPA had publicized the Oil and Gas Extraction Effluent Guidelines and Standards that covered wastewater discharges from drilling, field exploration, production, and well treatment activities, across coastal areas, land, and offshore. Since then, several regulations have been in place to ensure proper treatment and management of wastewater. For instance, in April 2021, Clark Development Corp., along with Clark Water Corp, announced their plan to upgrade the Clark Freeport Zone sewage treatment facility by complying to the stringent Department of Environment and Natural Resources Administrative Order (DAO) 2016-08 on Biological Nutrient Removal (BNR) standards. The aim is to improve the efficiency of the facility that treats around 27 million liters of wastewater every day. Therefore, the imposition of stringent regulations to treat effluents will contribute to the global Water and wastewater treatment market growth in the forthcoming years.
North America – The region stood at USD 102.79 billion in 2020 and is expected to hold the highest position in the market in the forthcoming years. This is owing to the increasing demand for power generation that has led to the high adoption of demineralized water for industrial purposes in the region.
Europe – The market in the region is expected to showcase considerable growth backed by the growing renovation activities carried out at existing Water and wastewater treatment plants between 2021 and 2028.
Asia-Pacific- The region is anticipated to experience significant growth in the forthcoming years. This is ascribable to factors such as the surging adoption of activated sludge process-based effluent treatment solutions in countries such as China and India that will boost the adoption of advanced Water and wastewater treatment solutions in the region between 2021 and 2028.
Ask for Customization:
Facility Expansion by Prominent Companies to Amplify Their Market Positions
The market is experiencing fierce competition amongst the players operating in it. These players are focusing on proactive strategies such as facility expansion to ensure a wider horizon to market their advanced Water treatment solutions in the forthcoming years. Besides, other key players are focusing on collaborations and partnerships to maintain their presence that will favor the growth of the market in the forthcoming years.
- January 2020: Xylem announced the launch of a multi-dimensional center based in Singapore to develop advanced wastewater, water, and energy technologies. The company aims to consolidate its position introducing innovative treatment solutions through its state-of-the-art RD capability.
List of the Companies Profiled in the Market:
- Veolia (Aubervilliers, France)
- Acciona (Alcobendas, Spain)
- Amrita Enviro Energi (Banten, Indonesia)
- Hydro International (Clevedon, United Kingdom)
- Orenco Systems (Oregon, The U.S.)
- ASIO, spol. s r.o. (Brno, Czech Republic)
- Aquatech International LLC (Maharashtra, India)
- Trojan Technologies (London, UK)
- BioMicrobics Inc. (Kansas, UK)
- Kurita Water Industries Ltd. (Kanto Region, Japan)
- Calgon Carbon Corporation (Pennsylvania, United States)
- Kemira (Helsinki, Finland)
- SUEZ worldwide (Paris, France)
- Xylem (New York, U.S.)
- DuPont (Delaware, United States)
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC (Pennsylvania, United States)
- 3M (Minnesota, United States)
- Pentair plc (Minnesota, United States)
- Ecolab (Minnesota, United States)
- United Utilities Group PLC (Warrington, United Kingdom)
- American Water (New Jersey, United States)
- Other Key Players
Inquiry before Buying:
Read Related Post:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
9th Floor, Icon Tower,
Baner – Mahalunge Road,
Baner, Pune-411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]