Polarized Sunglasses Market Share, Demand, Top Players, Industry Size, Future Growth By 2030
The global polarized sunglasses market size is projected to expand speedily on account of the growing awareness about the harmful effects of ultraviolet (UV) rays on human eyes, states Fortune Business Insights™ in its report, titled “Polarized Sunglasses Market, 2023-2030”. UV rays are short wavelength, electromagnetic radiation, constituting around 10% of the total radiation emitted by the Sun. As these are high-intensity rays, looking at them directly can lead to host of problems to the eyes. According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, prolonged exposure to UV rays can cause eye diseases such as pterygium, an irritable growth on the eye; photo keratitis, which develops as a result of continuous exposure to UV reflected from snow or ice; and cataracts and eye cancers. In fact, cataracts are the leading cause of blindness worldwide, as per the data from the World Health Organization (WHO). Polarized sunglasses provide considerable protection from these rays as they are coated with a film that reduces glare from intense reflected light. As they offer effective protection from UV rays, the demand for polarized eyewear is surging around the world.
Get a Free Sample Report:
List of Key Companies Profiled in the Polarized Sunglasses Market Report:
- Kering Group
- DUCO Glass
- HUGO BOSS
- Maui Jim, Inc.
- Safilo S.p.A.
- Reks C/O Solarna, LLC
- Costa Del Mar, Inc.
- Oakley, Inc.
- Luxottica Group S.p.A.
Highlights of the report include:
- Tangible insights on the market drivers, trends, and restraints;
- Exhaustive analysis of all the segments in the market;
- Microscopic study of the regional developments and prospects of the market;
- In-depth research into the competitive dynamics of the market; and
- Panoramic overview of the overall industry outlook.
Limited Efficacy of Polarized Sunglasses to Hamper Market Growth
While polarized sunglasses are effective in preventing glare from striking the eyes and avoiding damage, their usability gets limited in certain situations. For example, polarized eyewear makes it difficult to read LCD screens. According to McGill University in Canada, polarized lenses diminish a pilot’s ability to read the dashboard if it has an anti-glare LCD screen as well as reduce visibility, making it difficult for the pilot to gauge distances. Furthermore, these lenses also react negatively with tinted windshields and are therefore not recommended for driving, especially during night. In addition to this, not all polarized lenses filter UV light, which is why experts advise individuals with eye problems to opt for UV-protected glasses. Thus, restricted utility of polarized lenses is likely to affect the polarized sunglasses market growth in the forthcoming years. However, with more companies coating their eyewear with UV-protection films, the uptake of these lenses is expected to rise.
North America to Enjoy Unassailable Lead in the Market; Asia Pacific to Grow Promisingly
Geographically, North America is slated to dominate the polarized sunglasses market share during the forecast period as interest in outdoor sports and adventure activities is very high in the region. The Canadian Ski Council, for instance, reported that the 275 ski areas across the country witness 19 million visits on average per season. Athletes participating in such activities compulsorily wear sunglasses to prevent eye damage from excessive exposure to the harsh UV rays.
The market growth in Asia Pacific is primarily attributable to the improving standard of living and rising disposable incomes in India and China. Moreover, this type of sunglasses is extensively adopted in tropical countries where sunlight is direct and continuous. As a result, countries in South and Southeast Asia are likely to generate lucrative opportunities for players in this market in the coming years.
Inquire Before Buying This Research Report:
Strategic, Long-Term Alliances among Players to Stoke Competitive Spirits
Some of the key players in this market are forming multi-year partnerships to ensure mutual expansion of business horizons. Rapid economic growth, especially in Asia and Africa, is creating huge demand for premium sunglasses and such alliances are helping capture burgeoning markets.
The Global Polarized Sunglasses Market Research/Analysis Report Contains Answers to your following Questions:
- Which Manufacturing Technology is used for Polarized Sunglasses ? What Developments Are Going On in That Technology? Which Trends Are Causing These Developments?
- Who Are the Global Key Players in This Polarized Sunglasses Market? What are Their Company Profile, Their Product Information, and Contact Information?
- What Was Global Market Status of Polarized Sunglasses Market? What Was Capacity, Production Value, Cost and PROFIT of Polarized Sunglasses Market?
- What Is Current Market Status of Polarized Sunglasses Industry? What’s Market Competition in This Industry, Both Company, and Country Wise? What’s Market Analysis of Polarized Sunglasses Market Trends by Taking Applications and Types in Consideration?
- What Are Projections of Global Polarized Sunglasses Industry Considering Capacity, Production and Production Value? What Will Be the Estimation of Cost and Profit? What Will Be Market Share, Supply and Consumption? What about Import and Export?
- What Is Polarized Sunglasses Market Chain Analysis by Upstream Raw Materials and Downstream Industry?
- What Is Economic Impact On Polarized Sunglasses Industry? What are Global Macroeconomic Environment Analysis Results? What Are Global Macroeconomic Environment Development Trends?
- What Are Market Dynamics of Polarized Sunglasses Market? What Are Challenges and Opportunities?
- What Should Be Entry Strategies, Countermeasures to Economic Impact, and Marketing Channels for Polarized Sunglasses Industry?
- August 2019: HUGO BOSS announced the extension of its partnership with Safilo Group for optical and sunglasses collection through 2025. The collaboration agreement is expected to diversify the companies’ premium eyewear portfolio as well as entrench their respective positions in the fashion eyewear domain.
- May 2019: The Chinese tech company Xiaomi released the Mi Polarized Pilot and the Mi Polarized Square, its new polarized unisex sunglasses, in India. Priced INR 1,099 and INR 899 respectively, the former is available in blue and green shades and the latter in blue and gray shades on its online store.
Ask For [email protected] https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/customization/polarized-sunglasses-market-102562
Fortune Business Insights™ delivers accurate data and innovative corporate analysis, helping organizations of all sizes make appropriate decisions. We tailor novel solutions for our clients, assisting them to address various challenges distinct to their businesses. Our aim is to empower them with holistic market intelligence, providing a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights Pvt. Ltd.9th Floor, Icon Tower, Baner –
Mahalunge Road, Baner, Pune-411045,
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]