Sportswear Market Size, Share, Forecasts Analysis, Company Profiles, Competitive Landscape and Key Regions 2028
The global sportswear market size is expected to gain momentum by reaching USD 267.61 billion by 2028 from USD 170.94 billion in 2021 while exhibiting a CAGR of 6.6% between 2021 to 2028. In its report titled, “Sportswear Market, 2021-2028,” Fortune Business Insights™ mentions that the market stood at USD 160.61 billion in 2020.
The rising demand for comfortable yet stylish apparel is driving the sports wearables market growth. During the lockdown, consumption has increased even more. Besides its usage while playing sports and exercising. These comfortable apparel can be worn in and off homes. Demand for joggers, hoodies, and sneakers has increased in large numbers and varieties by adults and kids. Thus, the market is expected to thrive remarkably during the forecast period
Get a Free Sample Research PDF Brochure:
The Sportswear Market Report covers potential improvement drivers as properly as the modern-day key of market share, penetration of a number of kinds, technologies, applications, and areas through forecast till 2028.
How will you analyze the competitional analysis between top key players included in the report?
With the aim of clearly revealing the competitive state of the industry, we concretely analyse not only the leading plyers that have a voice on a global scale, but also the regional small and medium-sized players that play key roles and have plenty of potential growth.
Who are some of the key players operating in the Sportswear Market and how high is the competition 2023?
- Columbia Sportswear Company (Portland, Oregon, United States)
- Under Armour, Inc (Baltimore, Maryland, United States)
- Anta Sports Products Limited (Xiamen, China)
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (Vancouver, Canada)
- Fila Holdings Corp (Seoul, South Korea)
- Li Ning Company Limited (Beijing, China)
- Puma SE, Inc (Herzogenaurach, Germany)
- Umbro Ltd (Manchester, United Kingdom)
- Adidas AG (Herzogenaurach, Germany)
- Nike, Inc (Beaverton, Oregon, United States)
What is the major information sources?
Both Primary and Secondary data sources are being used while compiling the report.
Primary sources include extensive interviews of key opinion leaders and industry experts (such as experienced front-line staff, directors, CEOs, and marketing executives), downstream distributors, as well as end-users. Secondary sources include the research of the annual and financial reports of the top companies, public files, new journals, etc. We also cooperate with some third-party databases.
How Did We Conduct Our Research?
The report involved four notable activities in projecting the current market size. Exhaustive secondary research was conducted to gather data about the parent and peer markets. Our next step included primary research to authenticate these sizing, assumptions, and findings with numerous Sportswear industry experts. We have also used bottom-up and top-down approaches to calculate the market size.
What does the Report Provide?
The market report provides a detailed analysis of several factors, such as the key drivers and restraints that will impact growth. Additionally, the report provides insights into the regional analysis that covers different regions, contributing to the growth of the market. It includes the competitive landscape that involves the leading companies and the adoption of strategies by them to introduce new products, announce partnerships, and collaborate that will further contribute to the growth of this market.
Rising Female Participation in Sports Aid Market Growth
Women’s sport is ripe for great monetization for active wears companies. As females’ involvement in sports such as basketball, football, athletics has increased over the years. Thus this is expected to drive sportswear market growth in upcoming years. For instance, the data issued by the Olympics.Org, in 2018 stated that female participation in the Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea was 41 percent, which was higher than the previous winter Olympics. Additionally, the rising number of tournaments for female sports, such as ICC Women’s World Cup, FIFA Women’s World Cup, Women’s FIH Hockey World Cup, is expected to escalate the consumption of active wear. Thereby fueling the market growth.
Which segment is expected to lead the global Sportswear Market Market during the forecast period?
By the product type, the market for sportswear is divided into footwear, apparel, and wearable.
Based on product type, the footwear segment held a market share of 33.27% in 2020. This is attributable to increased sports activities worldwide and growing awareness about various fitness programs
On the basis of end-users, the market is segmented into men, women, and children. By distribution, the market is divided into eCommerce, store, and retail stores. Finally, based on region, the market for sportswear is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and South America.
Sportswear Market Research Scope:
- Global Sportswear Market size and growth projections (CAGR), 2021-2028
- COVID impact on the Sportswear industry with future scenarios
- Sportswear Market size, share, and outlook across 5 regions and 16 countries, 2021-2028
- Sportswear Market size, CAGR, and Market Share of key products, applications, and end-user verticals, 2021-2028
- Short and long-term Sportswear Market trends, drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Porter’s Five forces analysis, Technological developments in the Sportswear Market, Sportswear supply chain analysis
- Sportswear trade analysis, Sportswear Market price analysis, Sportswear supply/demand
- Profiles of Top leading companies in the industry overview, key strategies, financials, and products
- Latest Sportswear Market news and developments analysis
Which regions are dominating the Sportswear Market growth?
North America is expected to hold the highest global sportswear market share during the forecast period. This is ascribable to the thriving recreational industry in the region. A report by the Bureau of Economic Analysis data mentioned that the U.S. recreational sector revenue accounts for 2.2% of its GDP. Additionally, the number of students inclined toward sport is rising. The data from the National Federation State of High School Association stated that in 2018-2019 around 7,937,491 students were involved in the high school sports program. Thus the rising number of people participating in recreational and sports activities will promote the regional market. North America stood at USD 72.82 billion in 2020.
Asia Pacific is expected to experience significant growth during the forecast period owing to rising investments by the government to promote sports activity in the region. For instance, a report published by Economic Times in February 2020 reported that the Indian government allotted USD 401.6 million in its sports budget. This budget was USD 7.103 more than it’s previous year sports budget for the nation.
Key Players to Focus on Acquisitions to Strengthen Their Positions
The market for sportswear is consolidated by major companies striving to maintain their positions by focusing on facility expansion and acquisitions. For instance, in August 2019, Nike acquired a Boston-based Company named Celect, which is an AI-based predictive analytics firm. This acquisition will help Nike bring higher levels of personalization to its products through informed decisions and personalized requirements of its consumers to generate more sales and stay relevant in the sports and activewear industry. Moreover, other key players are adopting proactive strategies such as new partnerships, mergers, and collaborations to favor the market’s growth in the upcoming years.
Get a Quote Now:
Detailed TOC of Sportswear Market Research Report 2023 – Market Size, Current Insights, and Development Trends:
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Emerging Trends
- Key Insights
- Overview of the Parent/Related Markets
- Industry SWOT Analysis
- Supply Chain and Regulatory Analysis
- Recent Industry Developments – Policies, Partnerships, New Product Launches, and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Market Analysis and Insights (in Relation with COVID-19)
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
- Supply Chain Challenges due to the Pandemic
- Potential Opportunities Due to COVID-19
- Global Sportswear Market Analysis, Insights, and Forecast, 2017-2028
- Key Findings / Summary
- Market Size Estimates and Forecast
- By Product Type(Value)
- By End-User (Value)
- By Distribution Channel (Value)
- E-commerce Stores
- Retail Stores
- By Region (Value)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
- By Product Type(Value)
- May 2021: Rival brands Adidas and Allbirds collaborated to launch new shoes named Futurecraft. Both companies partnered and shared their proprietary technologies to come up with performance running shoes with no carbon footprint.
Get your Customized Research Report:
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
9th Floor, Icon Tower,
Baner – Mahalunge Road,
Baner, Pune-411045, Maharashtra, India.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]